CALL FOR PAPERS
CALL FOR PAPERS
International University of Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
English Language and Literature Program
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences and
English Language and Literature, Teaching Program
Faculty of Education
Kindly invite you to participate in:
3rd Youth Conference on Language, Literature and Education
on 13 October 2023
The Conference aims to create a platform for the youth, students, undergraduates and graduates in arts, humanities, and social sciences, to assess, explore, promote, and understand current trends and values of language learning, multicultural understanding, freedom, democracy, and equality in the contemporary world. Language does not only express facts and observations, but it is also a unifying force and medium for displaying and exchanging concepts, ideas, meanings, and thoughts. Language depicts and transmits all the achievements of human civilization and all the features of the objective and subjective world. The humankind has faced unprecedented crises of environmental destruction, pandemics, wars and nuclear war threats. Now more than ever before, it has become clear that only by working together and joining forces, young people may resist all the issues and build a better world for themselves and the generations to come.
The Conference offers students an opportunity to communicate their understanding of the current trends in language, literature, and education in the changing society, to network and join forces in the pursuit of a better future. Participants are encouraged to explore the interdisciplinary subjects to assess and evaluate the prospects and challenges of the world in relation to language trends, culture, environment, media, and social issues in general, and how to respond to the challenges the humanity is facing.
The Conference seeks youth participants from all over the world to exchange their ideas and experiences in an intellectually stimulating academic environment, at the International University of Sarajevo, in Bosnia and Herzegovina. The fundamental objective of the Conference is to provide students with an educational experience that prepares them for their future and to raise their awareness of the importance of working together to build a better world. Submitted papers will be evaluated by the Scientific Committee, whereupon selected papers will be published in the book of proceedings.
- New approaches and trends in foreign language teaching
- Linguistics, pedagogy and education
- Comparative literature
- Literature in the time of isolation
- Culture and identity
- Discourse analysis
- Phonetics, morphology and syntax
- Literary theory and criticism
- Culture and the social construct of languages
- Critical literary theory and cultural identity
- Translation studies
- New perspectives in interpretation studies
- Visual Arts
- E-learning and new teaching trends in the technological era
- Catharsis in Literature, Theater and Art
The Conference is organized by the English Language and Literature program and English Language and Literature, Teaching program of the International University of Sarajevo, in cooperation with the Social Science University of Ankara, Turkey.
- Assoc. Prof. Almasa Mulalić
- Assist. Prof. Dr. Ervin Kovačević
- Assist. Prof. Dr. Vesna Suljić
- Assist. Prof. Dr. Nadira Puškar-Mustafić
- Sen. Assist. Emina Jelešković
- Lect. Anisa Eminović
- Lect. Emina Lagumdžija
THE ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
- Ajla Pervan
- Fatima Ejubović
- Feyza Rabia Gun
- Amila Guhdija
- Lamija Brdarević
- Dženana Kabulović
- Lamija Bećirović
- Safija Bušatlić
- Semra Islamović
- Dr. Almasa Mulalić, Faculty of Education, International University of Sarajevo, BiH
- Dr. Davor Piskač, Faculty of Croatian Studies, University of Zagreb, Croatia
- Dr. Sanja Nikčevć,
THE SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE
- Prof. Dr. Ali Gunes
- Prof. Dr. Marek Smoluk
- Prof. Dr. Davor Piskač
- Prof. Dr. Sc. Sanja Nikčevć
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Jolanta Osekowska-Sandecka
5. Assoc. Prof. Dr. Almasa Mulalić
6. Assoc. Prof. Dr. Ervin Kovačević
7. Assist. Prof. Dr. Nadira Puškar-Mustafić
8. Assist. Prof. Dr. Vesna Suljić
9. Sen. Assist. Emina Jelešković
The program is designed for undergraduate and graduate students in humanities, social sciences, and technical sciences, as well as recent graduates who are already working in the public and private sectors and who are interested in developing their knowledge and expertise in the topics discussed at the Conference.
Organizers of the Conference welcome online submissions written in the English language that are closely related to the areas specified in the call for papers. Abstracts should not exceed 300 words and they must clearly indicate the problem, objectives, research methods, results, and conclusions. Submitted abstracts must adhere to the set format. Abstracts that exceed the word limit or include graphics and tables will be rejected.
Authors are also advised to proofread their abstracts because abstracts will be reproduced from the online submission. Any error in spelling, grammar or data will appear online or in print. Students are invited to submit their abstracts to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 September 2023. All participants should be aware that abstract submission does not guarantee inclusion in the program.
Paper submission guidelines
- Authors are requested to follow the set style and format.
- Papers must be in English and should not exceed 10000 words.
- Paper should not be less than 3000 words.
- Papers must include, title, author name, affiliation, or institution, abstract, keywords and body of the paper.
- Papers must display original thoughts and ideas. They must make concrete references to existing scholarship in the related area.
- Citations and references should be made in accordance with the APA Style Manual.
- Papers must be double-spaced (with single-spacing used for block quotations). Margins should be 2.5 cm. or 1 inch from all sides.
- The first line of each paragraph should be indented. Block quotations should be indented 2.5 cm. or 1 inch from both the right and left margins.
- Paper must be submitted in Microsoft Word document file format.
- The text of the paper should be double-spaced with Times New Roman 12-point font; all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- Papers will be accepted only if they meet the requirements.
The Scientific Committee will assess the quality of the papers and determine whether they will be suitable for publishing. Papers that have been previously presented or published will not be accepted. All submitted papers will undergo plagiarism checking by Turnitin software. Only the students who submit their full papers within the specified deadline will be allowed to present at the Conference.
- The presentations will be presented in the English language.
- Each paper will be allotted 20 minutes for presentation and 10 minutes for discussion. Presenters may prepare oral presentations or poster presentations.
- Due to time constrains presenters will not be permitted to exceed the time allotted for their presentation and for the question-and-answer session.
ATTENDANCE AND PRESENTATIONS
The participants will present their papers face-to-face, at the campus of the International University of Sarajevo, in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
In addition, there will be an online session, which will allow participants who cannot attend the live conference to present their papers.
Certificate of attendance from the organizers.
PARTICIPATION FEE AND COSTS
No participation fee is applied. The participants themselves need to cover the costs of their transportation and accommodation in Sarajevo. The organizers will cover the costs of the paper publication.
HOW TO APPLY?
Prospective applicants should send their abstracts and papers to email@example.com. The results of the selection process will be communicated via e-mail within 10 working days following the receipt of the application.
27 May 2023 – Applications open
30 September 2023 – Abstract submission
1 October 2023 – Full paper submission
13 October 2023 – the Conference Day
You can also follow us on Facebook for regular updates and announcements.